January 24, 2013

DIY Mexican


{Source}
Lately I've been craving Mexican food and margaritas.  Ok, who am I kidding.  Change that to ALL the time.  I just can't get enough of a good margarita and chips and salsa.  I decided to try my hands at making some homemade hot queso - a personal fave and a tall order considering I've had some excellent queso at restaurants lately.  After a little recipe research, I ended up concocting a delicious batch that turned out just as good, if not better, than anything you could order.  I rarely measure when I cook, so note that everything is approximate.

:: Hot Queso Dip ::

1/2 lb White American cheese (from the deli counter)
1/2 10 oz can of Rotel Diced tomatos (I used the lime and cilantro version)
1/2 4 oz can of diced green chiles
~1/4 cup milk

Simply melt all the ingredients in a sauce pan on medium low heat and voila!  Add more milk to thin it out, or vice versa.

Naturally, what's queso without margaritas?  I took a little help from the store, and churned out one delicious modified skinny margarita.  Take some Skinny Girl Margarita from the bottle, add the juice of one fresh squeezed lime, and a splash of club soda.  Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment