July 30, 2012

Gallery Wall


Gallery walls are all the rage, and with my massive 12 foot ceilings and a huge blank canvas to work with, this was my obvious decor of choice for my living room wall.  I love that practically anyone can do this, and there is no real recipe for making it look chic.

It always helps to have inspiration, so I turned to Pinterest and found this lovely image:

via Pinterest

I began by laying out my mis-matched frames on the floor beforehand.  Even with the asymmetrical layout, you still want to have an overall balance in your gathering.  But the good thing is, there is no need to be super precise.



I didn't have much by way of actual artwork, so I created my own to play up the accent colors of my living room - coral, navy, and gold.

The gold spade was the easiest and a fun DIY piece of artwork on a budget.  I bought a small blank canvas from the craft store and some gold glitter scrapbook paper - it was around $6 total.  I freehand drew a spade, but you could easily create a template and make a stencil too.  A little spray glue later, and wallah!  Wouldn't that be adorable using chess piece silhouettes in a grouping of four?  The possibilities are endless...Until my next wall!
















1 comment:

  1. LOVE YOUR WALL AND LIVING ROOM! So perfect! You should check out my giveaway! Not because I'm trying to promote but because it would be a great addition to your art collage!

    ReplyDelete